Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Soldier's Prayer

This prayer was written by my son while he was in Basic Combat Training for the Army. He graduated last week and is home for a few days. I feel a tremendous amount of pride for what he accomplished in BCT, but am the most proud of how he made it through...by relying on his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


A Soldier's Prayer
Dear Lord,

They say we are the toughest, the bravest, our country's pride and joy. Yet there are times when I feel I can't be the hero in the pictures, where I'd rather retreat than lead the way. I wonder if they are really thinking of me back home like they say they are. I worry that I'll mess up and my mistakes will make it harder for my battle buddies to get through this. I wonder how one PVT E1 can make a difference for you.

All my strength and will to drive on comes from you. Each day I page through your Words and find something that can get me through the day. Help me to be confident that you can get me through the day. Help me to be confident that you are ever by my side; running with me; doing the push ups; shooting my rifle; and trying to adjust to a lifestyle where everything and everyone I know are far away.

Everyone, that is, but You.

I want to be the best that I can be so I display the traits of a person whose greatest endeavor is to emulate Christ. My limits are tested here on a daily basis. But I keep in mind that my struggles pale in comparison to what you endured so that I and those I love might spend eternity with you.

Here at Sand Hill we say, "I am the Infantry; FOLLOW ME!" As Infantry, we set the standard for all other soldiers. So when others Follow me, give me the wisdom and words to lead them to you.

Take care of my mother and make sure she understands how much I love her and how I've come to comprehend how much she loves me. Bless the rest of my family and keep them close to you.

I can hear you Spirit in my ear: "Onward Christian Soldier!" And then it's just one foot in front of the other.

All this I ask in the name of my only true Commander in Chief, Jesus Christ.
Amen


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios