Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Moving On.......

We are selling our house!

After lots of discussion and prayer, we put an offer in on a house and the owner's accepted. Of course, our house has to sell first for this to all come together.

I have mixed feelings about this move.

There are so many things about our home that I love.
Big windows
Lots of light
Our little backyard
Our cul-de-sac and all the kid's friends

But...as the kids grow, the house just seems to be shrinking.
But then I think of so many people in the world that live in teeny, tiny homes.
Then I feel selfish and spoiled.

I have a battle in my mind.
Should I be thankful for what God has provided? (I am)
...or...
Is God blessing us again and we need to be open to his plan? (This home is an amazing deal and would be a great fit for our family)

After struggling with this, we decided to move forward knowing that God can open or close doors along the way and we are anxious to see what will happen. Our deal is structured so that we can walk away from the house if ours doesn't sell in a certain amount of time. Our thought is that if  the other house is God's plan for us, he will bring us a buyer. If his plan is for us to stay, no buyer will come.

We are in a great place mentally.
Completely trusting
Praying fervently
Feeling grateful for this home He has provided

Longing, most of all, to be completely in His will.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios